GAOSP Public BETA 3
GAOSP (Android 2.2 Froyo for Samsung Galaxy I7500) Public BETA 3 !
GAOSP (CyanogenMod port on Samsung Galaxy I7500) is not perfect, but it’s stable to be used as main system.
Before releasing a RC1, we choose to release the last BETA, to confirm there is no more unknow critical issue.
After a lot of works from the whole team (AndroBot, Bukington, Drakaz, Nopy, Obihoernchen),main android and particularly froyo features are working fine, including apps on external sdcard, native tethering, jit, and most feature from CyanogenMOD ! (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG.mkdn).
Know issues : http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/list
Recent changes (sorry for the huge list !):
* Fixed issue 452 (reverting 42d63ad24c833cb63658de246d4953df24671a63 on framework_base) (nopy)
* Fixed issue 235 (use another way to mount/umount external sdcard, avoiding crash)
* New way to calibrate compass (fixed issue 449 ?) (AndroBot)
* Temporary fixed Phone freezes in sleep mode (issue 453)
* Christmas wallpaper (Obihoernchen)
* Native usb tethering (issue 106) (bukington)
* Added min and max cpu frequency option to GaospConf (Obihoernchen)
* Fixed CPU frequency table. Added frequencies up to 796.8 MHz. (Obihoernchen)
* Added compass calibration (AndroBot and Obihoernchen)
* Fixed gps importing last openetna patch
* Removed duplicate GoogleSearch widget when WITH_GOOGLE
* Remove useless bootloader entry in shutdown menu
* Fixed Gallery app vanishes when switch to 2D Gallery (issue 422) (Obihoernchen)
* Added swipe gesture to 2D gallery (Cyanogenmod) (Obihoernchen)
* Fixed open 2D gallery via camera doesn’t work (Obihoernchen)
* Fixed slow/no GPS fix (issue 431) (bukington)
* Implement userland cpu voltage modification (bukington)
* Fixed lock button doesn’t work
* add cpufreq interactive governor (bukington)
* update wifi driver & firmware, allowing native wifi tethering (bukington)
* Fixed bootloop (issue 446)
* Fixed 2G/3G switch on notification bar (issue 435)
* Fixed (issue 402)
* Use Qualcomm opensource GPS library (loc_api) (bukington)
* Add Light sensor in OS, use software auto brightness control (bukington)
* Fix compass by using LG opensource sensor lib (bukington)
* Fix Lock button has a role of Power Off button (issue 354)
* Remove ugly rotation hack from Gallery3D (increase rotation speed in gallery)
* Updated 3D drivers
* Duplicate media issue really fixed by disable media scanner on /mnt/sdcard2. (fixed issue 353)
* Fixed missing dropbearkey (fixed issue 351)
* Replaced bootanimation with a smaller one (faster boot) (Obihoernchen)
* Fixed notifications go only through the headphones if headset is connected (issue 362) (AndroBot)
* Fixed speaker seem to be always powered (issue 356) (AndroBot)
* Fixed flash support in Camcorder (nopy)
* Fixed stuck up/hang in camera mode (issue 337) (nopy)
* Fixed CyanogenMod anonymous statistics crashes (issue 391)
* Fixed headset issue (AndroBot)
* Fixed flashlight from power widget in notification bar
* Improved GaospConf by Obihoernchen
* Fixed terminal FC (issue 342)
* Half-fixed “Lock screen button when screen is locked,flickers one time.” (issue 135)
* Remove userdebug variant. Now we use -eng for debug, -user for release (fixed issue 393, issue 343, issue 341).
* Now using open-source libsensor, ported from OpenETNA (bukington)
* Fixed compass (issue 222) (bukington)
* Improved LightSensor (bukington)
* Open source AKMD (AndroBot)
* Fixed Cyanogenmod compcache –> Removed GaospConf compcache (Obihoernchen)
* Added backing swap to Cyanogenmod compcache (Obihoernchen)
* Fixed SMSC issue, saving a null number when quit settings without changing the number
* Fix bluetooth mac address (should fix issue 392) (AndroBot)
* Fix stall when sending command (Androbot – origin patch from dh-harald)
* Fix bluetooth init (Androbot – origin patch from dh-harald) and increase baudrate to 3000000 (Androbot)
* Fixed wifi ad-hoc (issue 209)
* Revert : Databases and shared_pref moved to nand (/dbdata) for performances (fix Titanium backup and issue on some apps)
* Added tether wifi (fixed issue : 279 & issue 258)
* Move some system app’s data to /dbdata for performance
* Enable incall slide UI (fixed issue 308)
* Fixed issue with external sdcard (detection and size detection) (issue 322)
* Added build in ipv6 (kernel). Fixed issue 249.
* Fixed wrong IMEI return from some baseband (ex : BELL). Fixed issue 316.
* Hold key lock the screen when in “lockscreen” mode, if “Hold unlock” is disabled in settings (fixed issue 327)
* When “Hold key wake/lock” and “Hold unlock” options are disabled, and when a playlist is played, double click on hold key switch to next track.
I hope you’ll like it !
For bug report, please open a thread on the forum : http://www.drakaz.com/forum/ to check if you are the only one to have this issue, or if it’s a real and important issue. In this case (and only in this case), please open an issue on issue tracker on google code : http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/list
GAOSP Public BETA3 is available on
- GalaxyUdater (easiest way, find it on the market) : http://www.drakaz.com/2010/09/09/galaxyupdater-v1-0/
- Google Code (manuel way) : http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/wiki/PublicBeta
Merry Christmas !
|Print article||This entry was posted by drakaz on 24 December 2010 at 15:07, and is filed under GalaxyUpdater, Non classé, Samsung Galaxy, release. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.|
Comments are closed.